The computer glitches are tricky. You can’t always solve them right away. For some issues, you may have to spend some time, trying to understand what happened. Error code 0x0 0x0 might be one for you.
In this article, you will get a few methods, using which one can keep this error at bay. We always try to uncover the real reasons behind an issue if there are any. That’s what we are going to do here as well.
As you just read, we are going to explore the reasons first. Nevertheless, it’s quite impossible to pinpoint a single cause, as is the case with any tech error.
- Abrupt Power Off of the Computer:- You know flipping the wall switch off isn’t the right way to shut down a computer. When you do that often, there’s a chance for this error to come up.
- Failed Removal or Installation of an Application:- The partial removal of an application can also lead to the 0x0 0x0 error on Windows. On the other hand, when you don’t finish up an installation, the same issue may happen.
- Outdated Graphics Card Driver:- A GPU is mandatory to carry out graphics-intensive processes. However, you need to keep its driver up-to-date to ignore getting caught up in problems like this.
- Missing System Files:- There are critical files in the local disks, which when removed will lead to an unavoidable crisis. So, not having all the system files in place can be the reason too.
We hope you got an overview of the reasons behind the error. Hence, we are going to move on to the possible solutions. As you always hear us say, do not try one or two and stop your attempts. Start from the first and stop only when you see the issue has been fixed.
● Restart Your PC
Let’s start with a simple solution. We always look for complicated answers to our queries that we often forget even simple ones can get the job done.
So, just restart your computer and see the issue has gone away. If not, you should skip right next to the second fix.
● Update the Operating System
Microsoft releases updates in time to solve critical troubles. Each update carries at least one patch. For the same reason, you should check whether or not an update is pending. How do you do that?
On Windows 10, you can just follow Start>> Settings>> Update & Security>> Windows Update. You will see the pending updates there if any. Just download and install it. When it comes to Windows 11, the path is Start>> Settings>> Windows Update.
● End the Disputing Services
- Press Win key+ R to get the Run dialogue box. Enter msconfig into the text field.
- You will get five tabs, of which Services should be the one you need to go with.
- To be on the safe side, we are going to hide the imperative entries by checking the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Hit Disable all button.
There you go! One more thing is pending. You have to turn off all the startup programs. For that, go to the Startup tab>> Open Task Manager. Disable each app there. To see all these changes in action, restart the system.
● Reinstall the GPU Driver
When the graphics driver on your computer goes corrupt, the 0x0 0x0 error will pop up. Here, we are going to uninstall the driver and do a clean install.
- Search for Device Manager on the start menu (you can also use the Run dialogue box and enter devmgmt.msc).
- Navigate to and expand Display Adapters.
- Right-click on your graphics driver and from the context menu that appears, choose Uninstall device.
- Now, you will have to go with the prompts on the screen. Once the process finishes, you need to restart the computer.
- When you are back, visit the official manufacturer’s website to download the latest firmware.
What if reinstalling the video driver didn’t solve the error? Don’t worry! We have got a few more solutions.
● Open the Disk Cleanup Utility
Disk Cleanup is a built-in utility on Windows, which clears temporary files and other clutters from the registry. We are going to run the tool on the disk, where you installed the operating system.
- Open the start menu and search for Disk Cleanup.
- We are sure you have multiple local disks. Select the one, where you have installed the OS (probably, the C drive).
- You need to press the Cleanup system files button and press OK.
- Wait for the process to end.
Wasn’t that easy? Could you fix 0x0 0x0 error? If you couldn’t, try the following solution as well.
● Update Your Antivirus
A windows user should use an antivirus. We are sure you do. Have you ever checked the updates? Most probably, it has gone outdated. Go check and make sure it’s up-to-date. Don’t forget to restart the system as well.
Check this video tutorial as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s similar to any other error that appears on Windows. Error 0x0 0x0 can happen due to partial installation, abrupt power off, missing system files, and outdated GPU driver.
The answer of which is the core of this article. We explained the six potential solutions above. Do not pick one at random and follow just that. You need to start from the top and go through each one. We are sure you will find one to work for you. Until that happens, try all six.
Almost all system errors have indication codes on Windows. The main purpose of the codes is to make it easy for the end-user to search for the causes and solutions. For example, how did you land on this article? You just used the error code to Google.
So yeah, that’s it. We have presented to you all the possible solutions to the Windows error 0x0 0x0. It’s your turn now. Follow them all and let us know what worked for you. Or in case you happen to have another fix that we didn’t cover, don’t hesitate to share the same with us in the comment section.