Even with the influx of instant messaging services, the significance of email in the professional world hasn’t deteriorated. That’s why an error in Outlook annoys us. If you are looking for ways to solve the pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 issue, you have just landed in the right place.
In this article, we are going to tell you all the possible methods to resolve the error. As is the case with almost all the tech errors, it’s impossible to lead you to a single solution. A fix that worked for others may not work for you. So, you have to go through each one.
Before delving into the core of this post, let’s have a look at the possible reasons. If you are too busy to check them out, just skip to the section where we talk about the solutions.
Similar to the solutions, no one can pinpoint a single reason for the error. That’s why we have listed out all the causes that may lead to this specific problem below.
- Multiple Accounts:- When you use more than one account on Microsoft Outlook, you may get this error. Of course, the software has this feature. However, you have to be wary of using it.
- Slow Internet Connection:- Internet accessibility isn’t as hard as it used to be. However, when your connection is slow, it’s possible to find yourself banging your head on the wall, due to this error.
- Pirated MS Office Version:- Pirated software for Windows isn’t hard to spot. If you use MS Office without a license, you may get a pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 error.
- Pending Windows Update:- To keep both the Outlook and the OS compatible, you have to keep them updated. A pending Windows update sometimes becomes the prime cause of all the issues.
- Outdated Outlook Version:- Not just the operating system, but an outdated Outlook version can also be the culprit. When a Windows update rolls out, the old version of Outlook may go obsolete. To avoid that, you have to keep on updating it.
- Uncleared Cache and Cookies:- You can use Outlook through a browser and the standalone application. Choosing to go with the former accumulates many cookies and cache files into the browser. If you don’t clear them in time, it will cause errors like pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 on Outlook.
- Sudden Closing of Outlook– Have you ever force-closed Outlook? No wonder you experience this issue. Unnatural exiting of the program is not something you should do.
In this part, you are going to get twelve possible solutions to this bizarre problem. Don’t lose hope if the first method worked. Just move on to the next one until you hit the jackpot.
Smothering Outlook with tons of emails does more harm than anything good. Hence, you have to make it a habit to clear unwanted emails. It’s quite common to forget this simple task. Just create a reminder on your computer itself.
Solution 2: Update Outlook App
We are giving you the simplest methods first. Now that you have cleared unwanted emails, let’s see how to update the app. The methods are different for the old versions and the newer ones. First, we are going to make the updates automatic.
- Open Outlook and File>> Office Accounts>> Update Options (on the navigation pane).
- Now, if you have automatic updates disabled, you will see the Enable updates option in the dropdown menu.
- You know what you should do. Just click Enable updates. That’s it.
What if you don’t want automatic updates? Well, you can always go for the manual method.
- Follow the first step from above (File>> Office Accounts>> Update Options).
- You will see the Update now option there.
Additional Info:- In case you don’t see the Update now button right away, try clicking Enable updates first.
When you have an old Outlook version, the steps are completely different. Go to File>> Help>> Check for Updates. You will see the available updates there. Don’t forget to double click to install it.
Solution 3: Update Windows
As you already read in the reasons section, it’s quite important to keep your operating system updated as well. How do you do that? The method we have given below is for Windows 10.
- Press the Win key to get the start menu and go to Settings.
- Open Update & Security and select Windows Update from the left pane.
- Now click on the Check for updates button. If there’s a pending update available, it will soon start downloading.
When you have multiple Outlook accounts, the browser may get them all confused. That’s why you must clear cache and cookies before it’s too late. Even if you don’t have this pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 Outlook error, you should delete cache and cookies from your browser to refrain from predetermined configurations.
We don’t know what browser you use. For us, it’s Microsoft Edge. Below, we are giving official links to know how to clear browsing data on different browsers.
Simply put, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol or SMTP is a set of rules to make emails work. When the four methods given above don’t work, you can try changing the SMTP port.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook, which you might have done already.
- Go to your account>> Settings>> Advanced.
- Right next to the host number, what you see must be 465. Just change the same to 587.
Voila! You didn’t think it was easy, did you?
Are you using the Outlook application? Are you comfortable browsing emails on a web browser instead? If you are, click here to log into your email account. Whenever you face any issue with the app, you can just switch to the web version.
The server timeout value on Outlook refers to the waiting period for a successful connection before it shows an error message. When you increase this value, you can get away with fewer errors because doing so will give the program a bit more time to make an effective connection. How do you do that?
- Open Outlook app and go to Files>> Info>> Account Settings>> Account Settings.
- Select the POP3 account that you want to alter. Click Change.
- Now, go to More Settings>> Advanced tab. Look at the value there and increase it.
If this method didn’t work, you must check out the next one.
Even though you added a single account, Outlook shows the same more than once. How do you remove a duplicate account?
- Launch Outlook and go to Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete. Hit Remove and then Ok.
- To be on the safe shore, try restarting the program.
Yeah, antivirus does protect us from malicious activities. It’s common for a program to show false positives. So, you need to check your antivirus for anything that indicates it blocks the activities of Outlook. Try disabling it for a few minutes and see whether or not you get the pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 error.
We don’t encourage piracy, you shouldn’t either. Stop using a pirated MS Office version right now! You can look for free alternatives like Mozilla Thunderbird. Or pay for a licensed version (see the pricing here).
You know Outlook doesn’t come as a separate app, but it’s bundled with the Microsoft Office suite. When you set out for reinstallation, you need to remove the entire suite first and then go for a fresh install.
Of course, the conventional method works here. You can just hop on to the Control Panel and do that. Plus, there is another method that involves the uninstall support tool (see about all that here).
Are you still here? That means you are still getting pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 Outlook error. We are out of specific solutions. What about carrying out a general fix now?
- Press the Win key to open the Start menu and search for Disc Cleanup there.
- Select the drive where you installed MS Outlook. Hit Ok.
- Choose the type of files to clean. Click Ok.
That’s all about it. You may have to wait sometime while the disc cleanup finishes up its job.
So yeah, we know it was a long ride. At last, we hope you have tackled the pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5 issue on Outlook. After referring to different guides and experimenting with different fixes, we gave you twelve different methods. Meaning, you should have got rid of the error by now. If you know of any other method, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below.